Picture a beautifully
maintained classic sports car. Now picture in your mind the same car as a
useless vehicle due to negligence of simple auto care, let's say because the
owner ignored to check fluid levels and did not add oil to the engine. Not
following some basic car care tips can equal the end of the engine for an
automobile and the end of the story for a vehicle. What would have been a
relatively low cost expenditure has become a major expense that may exceed the
value of the vehicle.
The automobile owner who is not well versed towards essential car care can refer to their owner's manual to find the best maintenance plan for their specific vehicle, but there are general car care tips that apply to all vehicles. If you do not care for your vehicle it will fail to operate properly or worse, as in our classic sports car story above.
But with latest trend of mobile auto repair service who can come to your home of office, there should be no excuse to not take care of your car.
Here are some car tips for maintaining your car in the finest conditions. All the car tips are related to the different parts of your car:
These tips are for those who care about maintaining a safe and smooth running car:
1. Check oil levels and the oil filter at least every 3,000 miles.
2. Your auto has various other fluid levels that need to be check on a regular basis. Again, at least every 3,000 miles, the fluid levels for the brakes, power steering, transmission, radiator coolant and windshield wiper fluids should be included.
3. A regular check on all hoses and belts should be done and replaced as they are showing cracks or are frayed.
4. Brake maintenance is often neglected without realizing it. Not all brakes make loud noises when they are in need of maintenance. About every six months, the brake system should be checked.
5. Testing of the car battery should be done three years from purchase for a new car, and every three years for older vehicles. Battery condition and connections should be checked to make sure there is no excess corrosion and the battery is secure.
6. Inspect the exhaust system for leaks. If there are leaks, repairs are needed as they can be deadly to those in the car.
7. For a properly running engine, auto tune-ups are essential.
8. The car's heating and air conditioning should be checked yearly for proper functionality.
9. Check and replace lights and washer blades as they burn out or wear out.
10. Check tie rods, struts, and ball joints at least twice a year.
The author does not allow comments to this entry